Geo Knight DK3 Mug Press - Green Replacement Heat Conductive Pad
- For use with Geo Knight DK3 mug heat press
- Manufacturer Model #: HCR-18510
- Size: 1/8" x 5 x 10
WHEN TO REPLACE THE PADS:
Some mugs and users can achieve several hundred mugs or more from a single pad, where other applications and users need to replace the pad more often. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the pressure, and the
wider range of mugs/cylinders pressed in the press, the more often the pad needs replacing. The straighter and more consistent the mug size used in the press, the longer the pad life.
It is normally time to change the green pad when light spots begin appearing where normally good results appeared prior, and obvious indents, chips, cuts, and sagging of the pad occur.
1. Scrape off all green rubber carefully: do not cut the temperature sensor wire under the green pad at the bottom.
2. Removing all adhesive is not necessary: basic smoothness is all we need. Do not remove the band heater from the frame either - not necessary and won't help.
3. Apply high temp silicone adhesive to one entire side of pad.
4. Stick pad onto band heater. Put 2 mugs into the press back to back and clamp the press locked shut with EXTREMELY LIGHT PRESSURE, so the green pad is held in place evenly, but the adhesive is not overly squeezed out.
5. Let it cure/dry overnight.