Red Grid - Application Tape (for wall and sign vinyl)
Our application tape (also known as transfer tape or pre-mask) is used to apply cut vinyl graphics from the vinyl release liner, to the substrate (or wall).
The 1 inch grid backing allows for easy and quick alignment, a high tack tape, ideal for a number of graphic applications.
- 5 yard roll x 12 inches wide
- Used to aid in applying graphics to walls, windows and other substrates
- Adhesive-backed tape
- Can be used with vinyl that is being applied dry or wet
- Adds stiffness to sign film, making graphics application easier
- Protects the vinyl from stretching or scratches during application
- Aids in the registration of cut graphic parts
- Protects applied graphics from damage during transport or storage
- On a flat surface, place your cut and weeded graphics face up.
- Start to apply tape on one end. Tip: tape 1" of the surface or desk to get a stable area and then squeegee the 1" area to the desk to get a firm grip.
- Using a roller or empty cardboard vinyl tube, apply firm even pressure and roll out the application tape across your vinyl graphics. It's important to roll firmly.
- Using the squeegee again, smooth out the tape so that you have good adhesion and have removed any creases or bubbles.
- Cut off all excess tape that isn't needed.
- Apply to wall by peeling away tape and smoothing to surface or as per your vinyl film application instructions.